About our CEO
Pratiksha's passion for empowering families with communication disorders & disabilities made her start 1SpecialPlace in 2014. 1SpecialPlace is India's first private-sector Telehealth platform that provides a spectrum of high-quality therapy services & products and aims to bridge the accessibility gap in the Indian market.
Pratiksha has been dealing with individuals with communication disorders since 2002. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including hospitals, early intervention centres, schools and multi-disciplinary setups. Pratiksha is a senior trainer and trains young budding therapists in Speech Pathology practices. Pratiksha is one of the pioneers of Telepractice methods and practices in India. Along with her team, she has created a spectrum of therapy products, tools and digital apps for helping individuals with communication disorders. She has been invited to conduct various workshops, lectures and conferences across the country. Pratiksha has also written chapters on Telepractice in books published by SAGE publications.
1SpecialPlace has served over 30,000 families, conducted over 60,000+ consultations, served Indians in over 50 countries, employed over 100+ women and has impacted millions. ( figures as of 2023)
Pratiksha is deeply driven by her zeal to build a sustainable, green, digital, company which employs & empowers women, and offers solutions that have a positive social impact on the lives of millions.
- Formerly Senior Audiologist at National Health Service, UK
- Director & Proprietor- Hear n Speak, Private Therapy Center, Noida
- Consultant Senior SLPA at Apollo Hospitals, Noida
- SLP at Step by Step School, Noida
- Consultant SLPA at Apollo Clinics, Pune
- Examiner at IGNOU
- Author of Speechy Tales: India’s first story books on speech development.
Telepractice in India, Accent Modification, Auditory brainstem implants.
- She has been interviewed by over 16 media houses for her contributions to Online therapy in India. Your Story, The Better India, Huffpost, NewzHook, and The Indian StartUp Show are a few to name.
- She has been an eminent speaker on platforms like TALK Tools- USA, Women’s Web, Down Syndrome Federation of India, AIISH Webinar series, ISHA panel discussions, Telemedicine Society of India, Air Force Wife Welfare Association and more.
Pratiksha has been awarded variously for her contribution to the field of disability and rehabilitation. Here are some noteworthy recognitions and awards:
- Outstanding Leadership Award in Healthcare by Health 2.0, Dubai 2023
- Best Woman Led Start-up Award by AssisTech, India, 2022
- Special Award by Amazon and HackerEarth for developing India’s first AI-based App on Alexa for Speech Therapy, 2018
- Best Start-up Award by Viridian E-Spark, 2018
- Gold Medalist, All India Institute of Speech & Hearing, Mysuru, 2006
My Blog Posts
Bullying and Special Needs: Addressing the Silent Struggle in Children with Speech and Hearing Impairments. In the tapestry of childhood,…
Enhancing Speech Therapy Through Innovation: Harnessing Alexa's Potential In today's rapidly evolving digital landscape, technology has become pivotal in transforming…
Empowering Expression: A Guide to Toys for Non-Speaking Children Communication is the cornerstone of human interaction, allowing us to express…
“We can easily create and share engaging, unique, and tastefully branded content with our customer community in a matter of minutes. It will be an indispensable community building tool for us.”
“We can easily create and share engaging, unique, and tastefully branded community in a matter of minutes. It will be an indispensable community building tool for us. It will be an indispensable community building tool for us community building tool for us. It will be ”
“We can easily create and share engaging, unique, and tastefully branded content with our customer community in a matter of minutes. It will be an indispensable community building tool for us. engaging, unique, and tastefully ”